TIMREX Summer School 2023!
29 May – 02 June 2023, Bosnia and Herzegovina
TIMREX is an EIT labelled master’s programme in the field of mineral exploration with double-degree agreements, structured mobility pathways, mentoring sessions, and strong field-based training. In addition to the EIT Label certificate, TIMREX graduates will be awarded a double or single MSc degree from University of Miskolc, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, the University of Zagreb and/or Luleå University of Technology (depending on the study pathway of choice)!
Start Date: September 2023 or February 2024
(Depending on the university of choice for Year 1)
Get prepared for the future
- Campus-based MSc programmes with mobility windows or double degree schemes between the university partners. The cohort starting in September 2022 will go along the mobility window scheme for all universities. Double or joint degree schemes shall be established at UNIZG-RGNF, UM and WUST during 2022.
- From September 2023, a hybrid mobility system using double or joint degree schemes in different relations will be elaborated.
- The T-shaped curriculum at each partner will include mineral exploration focused core earth science disciplines. Innovation and entrepreneurship competences will follow a modular system, complementing the semester courses and partly given by intensive fieldwork modules.
- Intensive fieldwork during the summer period between M1 and M2 academic years will be a specialty of the TIMREX programme. A period of 5-8 weeks of the summer is scheduled as fieldwork for the students at exploration camps. In 2022 the pilot Summer School was successfully implemented, with 32 participants.
- Entrepreneurship, innovative and socio-civic skills will be developed by the third pillar, intensively using the EFG’s mentoring programme and SME and RTO partners of the consortium.
Remote sensing-supported mineral exploration and deposit modelling
Application of portable spectroscopic equipment in field
Inversion-supported geophysical exploration methods
Robotics for mineral exploration
Geostatistics for processing and interpretation of large, multivariate datasets
Complex geochemical and deposit modelling and interpretation
What is a “T-shaped” professional?
The T-shaped professional will have a strong entrepreneurial mindset and combine an in depth knowledge of his own discipline with a sound understanding of the challenges appearing along the whole raw materials value chain. Complexity of the resources sector and mineral exploration work needs this mindset which is opened not only to other disciplines but also towards social and civic issues.